My soon-to-be 9 yr old asked Jesus into his heart at 9:15 this morning ,while on our way to the dr's. This is the child that help to lead me to the Lord.
We were listening to a children's bible song cd and he said:
"Mom, I think I am ready to become a Christian."
Stunned, I said "Ok...um..do you know what that means?"..
He said "Yeah, Of course!!.
I said"Let me call your dad"..lol...but assured him beforehand that that was a very important decision and that I needed to talk to daddy since he handles this kinda stuff...um..silly right...but I had never led that kind of prayer with anyone yet and wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing, since he was a child (and IMO under the age of accountability) ;? Whenever I am dealing with heart issues, I have to make sure that I making the right decisions and hubby tends to be more matter of fact about things..and I tend to get too philosophical. So upon speaking to hubby he says to go ahead and pray with him...we didn't know if it was a true profession...but I don't want to keep a little one from going to his Father in Heaven!! So we prayed...in the car...on our way to the hospital (for me again *sigh*)..while listening to children's praise music. I truly am thankful I had a conviction about the music I used to listen to when I first was saved...imagine what would have been in these little ones ear gates had I not?
This is not a decision to take lightly...and children make professions of faith all the time (I did at 10) but don't know why they are doing what they are doing...but they want to and the holy spirit definitely tugs at little ones hearts :) What I do know is that I have been training this child up in the ways of the Lord since I, myself, made that profession 2 yrs and some months ago...and today I received some of the divine fruit of my labor!
Matthew 21:16
Do you hear what these children are saying?" they asked him. "Yes," replied Jesus, "have you never read, 'From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise'[a]?"
2He called a little child and had him stand among them. 3And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 18:5
5"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me.
What a glorious day that the Lord has made!
8 comments:
That is so great Amber! I am almost in tears. It sounds like an authentic profession to me. Especially since he thought about it, and wasn't persuaded into it. I am sure that the changes in your life over the past couple of years have made a considerable impact on him too, so what a great reward! I know that sometimes children make a profession of faith only understanding a small part of the whole, but they will grow up into a fuller understanding. Plus, I've known some children with such a remarkable faith and devotion that I just stood there speechless and amazed.
What a beautiful day! A new birthday for him. This is fabulous and wonderful.
That's great news, Amber! *rejoices*
Praise God Amber!! That is so wonderful. What a joyful day for you as a Mom. :)
Praising God with you! Another citizen for the kingdom!!!
Just thought I'd add this to your scripture list :)
Matthew 19:14 "But Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for such is the kingdom of heaven.'"
Congratulations :)
What a blessing! Rejoicing with you here!
What wonderful news!
I agree that sometimes kids don't immediately understand the true significance of their profession.
I remember when I made mine (right around the same age as your son)...and it was a full 3 years before I understood what it really meant. But under my Mom's guidance and training, (and, of course, the work of the Holy Spirit,) I 'grew into' my faith.
Rejoicing with you!
Michelle (foxvalley)
Post a Comment