Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Ha! Found Em!

I finally found our tomato seeds...lol....they were on my ds's desk..under a PILE of papers! So we got busy getting them planted so we can start our "blind experiment" from tomatosphere. They gave us 2 packets of seeds..One is labeled *A* and the other is *B*. Here are the peet pellets I bought to plant them in. We decided to use 24 of each of the packets, which will make 48 tomato plants...*if* they all germinate :-)


The first step was to soak the peet pellets in water for about 20 minutes....

We then planted the seeds (1in each pellet) and then carefully labeled each side of the greenhouse that the pellets came in. We planted the tomato seeds on each side of the greenhouse and used the middle to start some of our other seeds..Watermelon, dill, eggplant, and green peppers.



Here is Eeyore putting his greenhouse on his desk. He is responsible for watering it each day and charting the germination and growth of his little seedlings :) This is an awesome way to show him how wonderful God's creation is! We examined the seeds before we planted them and admired the sizes of them...I can't wait to see his expression when he sees his "experiment" starting to grow from seed to plant!




Photobucket

3 comments:

Daisy said...

I love that you are starting from seed. I really need to do that so the kiddos can have the fun of watching them sprout. I've been too lazy the last few years and just bought plants.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finding the seeds! That will be awesome if you guys get that many tomato plants! I bought mine this year, but it's much much more economical to grow them yourself. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Yay! You found the seeds! Can't wait to see your little tomatoes. I'll be over for fried green tomatoes. Ha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...