Thursday, December 31, 2009

New year and a few challenges..

I know I said I was on a break till school starts back (which is Monday) but I wanted to share some challenges I am going to participate in for the new year.

I am really wanting to accomplish some things and sometimes being involved with other people is a great encouragement...gives me a sense of accountability. My hubby is also going to provide some accountability to me with this challenge as well each day. What is the challenge? To read the Bible in 90 days! I am hearing that this will take approx 1 hour a day...roughly about 12 pages. For me, this seems doable...especially since I am spending a lot more time sitting and nursing these days. I don't see that changing too much in the next 3 months at all ;) I also will be breaking down my reading...some in the morning, some during the kids naps, and some at night. How can I NOT do this.....seems so easy. Ha, we'll see.


Another challenge I have joined is to read 52 books in 52 days...this one is going to be secondary to my Bible Reading, but still a priority for me.


I have quite a few books that I purchased these last few years, and none of them have really been read completely. I get sidetracked too easily and change my interests very fast. I am going to use this challenge to actually READ THESE BOOKS THROUGH, and then maybe join paperbackswap.com to pass them on and pick up some more that I have been wanting to read. I am HOPING to do the 52 books in a year, but I'll be honest, its going to be tough, especially with an hour of reading already being scheduled for my Bible time. I think that I can easily cut back some unneccesary time online each day to accomplish this..but of course that'll take some discipline (sigh, which I dont have too much of!)

Of course, I have a few other goals that I am setting and trying to accomplish this year....one being to lose the baby weight. The book I am reading next week will be the first step in helping me to get back to eating healthier. Its called Eat Fat, Lose Fat. I have btdt with low fat, low calorie diets that are not healthy and would be damaging to my milk supply (which comes first before any diet) but this book emphasizes eating healthy fats, like coconut oil, that are actually really good for the baby! More on the book later as I am required to review it when I am finished reading it :D I think this week will be easy to get started with this since I have really only skimmed the book for the parts I needed to know right away (am I the only one that does this?LOL) and will be starting this way of eating the week after (to give me time to plan my meals, grocery list etc). My baby will also be a month old by then and I think I will be up to walking on my treadmill also.

So far, two challenges for the new year. Nothing big or major (well reading the WHOLE bible in 90 days IS pretty major..but to me, not something too big to do with a little prioritizing) and both seem to be pretty manageable as far as taking my time. I'm supposed to be reviewing and posting about these two things so look for them soon (as time permits with a newborn).

We are also back to school this Monday, as long as I feel up to it. We have some time we can still take off but I would like to get the kids back onto a school schedule asap..things just tend to flow better and the baby really sleeps most of the morning anyways.

See ya next week!

5 comments:

Daisy said...

You can probably do some of that Bible reading with audio, Amber. If you are cooking dinner, turn on the computer and listen....

Be blessed!

Butterfly said...

Happy New Year! Sounds very ambitious!

Robin said...

Welcome to the 52 books challenge. Have fun reading and look forward to hearing what you think about the stories.

Amy@ MomsToolbox said...

I'm glad you're in on the Bible in 90 Days challenge.. it is going to be AMAZING!!! Welcome!

*Tanyetta* said...

Happy New Year! 52 books in 52 weeks sounds interesting. I am hoping to try to read a book a month for starters. Why am I such a slacker? LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...