Saturday, March 21, 2009

Letter Party with a just-turned 4 year old.....


Middle A received this Aquadoodle as a gift for her birthday and she is loving it. We just lay it on the floor and it entertains her for quite a while. On Wednesday of last week, I casually asked her to write her letter A, as she's been doing this for a while now. We celebrated her writing skills with lots clapping and a "Good Job!". We continued with our "letter party" all the way to the letter Z. I am amazed at how much she's learned this year, it was only a few months ago that she was just starting to write.

"In this time of extraordinary pressure, educational and social, perhaps a mothers first duty to her children is to secure for them a quiet and growing time, a full six years of passive receptive life, the waking part of it for the most part spent out in the fresh air."- Charlotte Mason


6 comments:

redkitchen said...

Oh, happy birthday to your sweetie! I hope she has hours of fun with her Aquadoodle. She is such a cutie. :)

Gina said...

Good job Little A!! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to miss cutie pie! I have the Aqua Doodle on Hip Rider's wish list. :)

Butterfly said...

Happy Birthday Middle A!
Great job with those letters!

Mia said...

Isn't it just a thrill when you know that you taught your child something like the alphabet,to read,to add?! I love it!!
Happy Birthday to the precious birthday girl!

Laura Lee said...

Oooo, an Aquadoodle sounds a lot less messy than a bin of sand!! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...