
I thought I would be far more prepared than I am to start school today. We had a very busy week last week, my brother was here visiting from Rhode Island and the week before we went on vacation. Not to mention it's hard to plan and implement with a 9 month old baby crawling around and getting into things. When he's not doing that he's doing other things that babies do to keep moms busy..lol.
So I am not prepared. I have all of our books, lists of books I want to read aloud, school supplies still in shopping bags that we picked up yesterday finally while shopping for a baby shower gift (all done in about 30 mins and I'm sure I forgot something..)and schedules ready to be printed off and hung. But I also have a ton that still isn't done....organization of our school room being the main thing. It would help if I could find said books, lists, and schedules ;p
Needless to say I am declaring our first day of school to be like the public schools do...we aren't doing anything "schoolish". We are going to get up and do some habit training and work on our morning rountines...since we have been out of routine all summer. Then we'll tackle the school room and get as much organized as we can (I'm saying that with the assumption that my children will be helping..lol). After we are done working we will go out for ice cream :)
First day of school is *supposed* to be fun anyways...right?
Have a blessed new school year!
4 comments:
Happy First Day of School! Sounds good to me, Amber. Yeah, first day is suppose to be fun! Have a scoop of ice cream for me. :)
Have fun organzing! I think we might go for ice cream today too. :)
YES! Have a great first day of school!
We are starting today too, and I don't feel prepared either. I am prepared enough tho, we are starting VERY slow since Wolf wasn't able to finish Precalc until last week. :)
Thankfully this year I have found MP3s to some of the books we are reading, so that's a plus! All this reading is really tough to get through some days!
Have a wonderful day!
We started on Monday too and it was a fun day! Tuesday we started some bookwork.
Post a Comment