Friday, June 11, 2010

Curriculum Plans for the School year 2010-2011 *edited*

Here are our main core plans for BIG A -Our 6th grader:


  • Bible- . Plants Grown Up , personal bible reading and study that I plan myself. I add in the Hymn of the Month as well.
  • Grammar/English - ACE (Accelerated Christian Education)
  • Word Building/Spelling- ACE
  • Reading- Various Historical Lit (that will be tied into the time period we are studying) & Classic Lit (that will tie into our studies on good character/good manners etc) Those are just a couple of sites I am using.
  • Math- ACE (We are using this year round starting this month) *Setting aside ACE at the moment to try out Saxon
  • Science-Christian Kids Explore Earth and Space, Abeka
  • History- Mystery of History and 2 various historical lit.
  • Geography- mapwork from MOH








5 comments:

Paige said...

Looks good Amber. I see you are not using Teaching Textbooks for math. Just curious why the switch. We are going to be doing another math also. TT is just not sticking with my son although he loves it. Not sure at this point what math we will use. I'm so tired of not feeling settled with curriculum. I really like HOD though so I think we will use Preparing in the fall. Depends on if I can get a deal used though.

Paige

Anonymous said...

Stick to scheduling as long as you can - boys change alot around age 12/13, so your son will benefit from growing up with structure, then you can adapt to the changes easier.

Janine S.

Kim said...

Hey Amber,
I'm totally with you on the scheduling. Our home is so much more peaceful when we are structured and scheduled.

Your plan looks great. I'm sure y'all will have a great year.
Praising Him,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're really using a lot of neat curriculum, Amber! I remember being so excited about the following year starting with my second semester of the school year!

Nowadays I'm lucky to get my paperwork done!

redkitchen said...

Looks like a great year ahead for you guys. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...