Thursday, February 19, 2009

Our School Room

I have been spending more time on my cleaning projects than online lately and with that, I finally got our school room done! I have been de-cluttering and boxing up old business files for the last couple of months. It took my hubby to be off of work a couple of days to help me get this done, but its done! I still have some curtains I want to sew and a little bench to cover and paint, but that will get done soon! I thought I would share some pics of the finished room :)


This is when you first walk in, please ignore the ugly curtains/sheet thing. Like I said, I have some curtains to sew ;p


Here's the little ones reading nook, I still have some crayon to get off the wall :rolls eyes:. It's done, minus some small cosmetic things ;)



This is the shelf above the reading nook. It holds all of the things I don't want them to have constant access to like playdoh, board games with little peices, paints, etc. I also have a shelf inside the closet in this room that holds art supplies for my oldest son.


This is my teaching wall. I will be adding more visual aids but I am thinking I need a cork board or something to put behind them so I don't have a million holes in the wall...any ideas? The shelf underneath the white board is going to hold my teachers manuals and family circle time books like poetry, a bible, hymnal, etc. The cube cubbie thing was purchased at Target a few years ago and was in my sons room holding transformers until now..lol. It has the option of creating your own "boxes" and I decided to enclose the top two to hold my white board markers, lesson planner, crayons (because evidentally i can't leave those around without someones art getting on the walls..lol) and other supplies I may need on hand while teaching like math manips, and bible felt people :D The green boxes are EMPTY and the black crates have toys in them right now (plastic junk that is going to be trashed when the little ones aren't looking...bwaahhaaaa) but they will hold our library books. The bubble gum machine is for rewards of course!


This is Big A's desk. I moved mine out into the family room to be used by everyone (it has internet). Big A is going to have a couple computer based subjects next year and my hubby has discovered that the internet is useful after all, so we like it to be in there for all to share! (meaning mom can't hog it anymore). I do have a laptop to myself still, so there ;p Anyway,s Big A loves having his own desk in there. Peace and Quiet. Away from the little ones. LOL


And finally, this is the toy area for the littlest ones. I needed an area to keep them busy while I teach Big A, so this works out great. It's right next to my teaching area, so they are still close enough should a toy fight break out..they happen often around here with a 3 yr old and a 1 yr old. I also have a "special chair" in which to sit a child upon should the need arise next to this area ;)



As you can see, I still have some small cosmetic things to take care of and as the little ones get older I will need to add a table, but for the most part I am pleased with how it has turned out and glad to have de-cluttered it!! It needed it!

6 comments:

Daisy said...

Awesome!!! I'm sure you all can learn easier in a tidy environment.

I use a corkboard strip for one of my walls. It's a thin strip that mounts to the wall and is just the perfect size to tacking up a poster.

*Tanyetta* said...

Great Layout!!!!!!!!! DJ would LOVE to come and learn at your school ;)

redkitchen said...

Wow, Amber, your school room looks GREAT!!! It is very neat and organized. :)

Gina said...

I turned out great!! I can't wait to see it IRL. :)

Butterfly said...

WOW! I remember when you shared about starting this project! It looks AWESOME! WOOHOO! Go Girl!

Mrs. Varner said...

Looks GREAT!!!!! Good job.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...