Thursday, January 29, 2009

Science at Maranatha Prep

Science has been pretty interest led around here lately, and it really does happen naturally. Fortunately, here in So Cal we have great weather. The last few days have been in the 70's , so I have encouraged my children to go out in the backyard to explore. They have spent hours each day just running around the yard, but today Bigger A started really taking a closer look at the things that are IN the yard.

We now have a new pet caterpillar.

I used a quart sized mason jar and screwed the lid over a coffee filter. Poked holes in that and now we just need to add some sand to the bottom of our jar to keep this little guy going. Hopefully. I am no caterpillar expert ;)


See 'em in there?



They are not the cutest things are they? LOL


Where did my WINTER go and why are my children running around outside without jackets? I have been robbed this year ;P

3 comments:

Daisy said...

Here's the big thing. Did you put the greens that you found the catepillar on into the jar? Most catepillars will gorge on one particular kind of plant.

Good luck. Looks like FUN!!

Naturally Frugal Mom said...

Oh yes! I did have that much sense to put a limb from the tree he found him on in the jar..lol! Gonna put in some every couple of days or so :)

Gina said...

I feel robbed of winter too. :( I am not ready for my kids to wear shorts yet. Very cool caterpillar! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...