I have. Today. My purse was stolen and gone. It's back now but it was a very surreal 3 hours. I have never felt so vulnerable. Stuck somewhere with 3 children. NO money, no car keys, no cell phone, no blanket to cover myself while nursing my baby, no nothing. It was a very strange feeling when it first happened. It didn't seem real. A lady I don't even know became my intercessor (and helped me to see that all I needed to do what trust what my Father says HE will do) , a police woman that felt my pain but was told that God is in control and that the person that did this needs Jesus, and the woman who found my purse sans money on the curb next to her car needs prayer as she lost her daughter last year.
This purse isn't a regular ole purse. It is the purse I *just*got for my birthday from my dad and step mom. I love it. It has a cross adorning each side and a scripture on the front of it that reads :
This is how God showed his love among us: he sent his one and only son into the world that we might live through him 1 John 4:9.
I don't know if the woman that took my purse read this...I pray that she did....but my naive side just can't believe that someone can see this on a purse and STILL take it. Not to mention my key chain on the inside.....it says Got Jesus? I pray she seen these things......I am praying for her to repent and be saved. Sin has a way of creeping into peoples lives...some is obvious like stealing....some is not so obvious like being selfish, manipulative, or full of pride. The later is harder to deal with, because alot of us are subject to that sin.
I hope that this never happens again...but I do hope that the opportunities come to me often like they have today to share the peace and trust I have in Jesus Christ. I hope that the best way I can reward someone for finding my lost purse or anything else for that matter is to be able to pray for them....as I will for this woman that found my purse. She was drawn to me while I was nursing my baby outside on the wall with no covering (which was extremely uncomfortable...she was able to see *me* every time the baby would break his latch to smile at her). She was admiring his curly hair and started tearing up. She said her daughter had the same curly hair when she was born, but she lost her last year. I felt the need to tell her about my purse. Selfish right...thinking only of my woes..but the Holy Spirit let me know He was working through her. She was the one who turned it in. I grabbed her and hugged her like she was a long lost family member. We walked into the pharmacy hand in hand. I got my purse and promised to pray for her comfort for the loss of her daughter. I don't think I will ever forget this woman. I don't know the state of her salvation....but I will continue to pray for her as such.
The best part is....I was so thankful it was only my purse. MY treasure isn't what was in my purse....those things are all replaceable, my children are not. Hold onto your babies tight when you are out and about...I know I will.
6 comments:
How scary Amber!! I'm so glad it all turned out well in the end. It sounds like God used you in a very powerful way today. What a blessing!
Thank the Lord no one was hurt. What an amazing opportunity to show Jesus!
I am so sorry this happened. I have never had my purse stolen but I did once have a whole case of baby formula out of the bottom of my shopping cart. I was putting my middle dd in the car seat and someone just walked up grabbed it and ran!!
Well maybe they needed it I only pray that was the case.
Reason #12 to br*ast feed!! LOL!
Reason #12 to br*ast feed!! LOL!
Yup Mia..they can run off with your formula but not your breasts...rotflol!
Oh Amber - how awful.
I pray that the scriptures on your purse were a witness to all who needed to see them,(and I'm glad that you and baby stayed safe through the ordeal.)
Blessings,
Michelle (foxvalley)
I'm so glad you're ok!
Girl, you have me tearing up over here! God is amazing. He used this woman for you and yet used you for this woman and for us, readers, also. Amazing! What is your treasure? That's a sermon in itself.
Praying for the one who took your purse also.
Post a Comment