Friday, February 22, 2008

Week In Review 2/18-2/22

This week was a pretty easy week for us. Since we stopped using MFW ECC all that was to be done was the 3 R's until I finish up our history/Science plans....which I will be done with shortly :-)

Bible:
Since Eeyore does daily bible reading and a weekly bible study with his dad we aren't going to do a formal curriculum for the rest of the year. We will be using some memory verses from his social studies book and pick a person of the bible to study weekly. We'll watch a bible story video pertaining to that person, maybe notebook about them and read scripture about them.

Math:

This week was learning to divide by 4, multiply by 5 and multiply 2 digit numbers...here's a sample of his work:
As you can see we need to do some work on neatness next week ;-p


English:
We continued with pronouns and so far he seems to grasp them pretty well...next week we do our unit test so we will see how well :-) I need to check my library for those school house rock videos! Those would be fun to add in :-)


Spelling:
One of Eeyore's favorite subjects...he usually aces his tests but had trouble with dropping the "e" for the word "living".



For fun:
Since we had no "extras" to do this week (geography, science, art, music) I pulled out a model airplane that his Grandma bought him...he's still working on it but here's a pic of what he's working on, I'll post a pic when he's done building it:



Next week we will be doing all subjects including Social Studies, Science, Art, and Music. I will post our History/Science plan tommorow :-)

3 comments:

Daisy said...

Sounds like a wonderful week!! Aah, the freedom. And Eeyore's math is neater than Buttercup's. LOL. I have to keep on her rear about it.

If you decide to do the activity after the English test, make sure you have some old magazines around.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great week to me. I love the light ones when we get the chance to have them. The model airplane sounds like a great alternative to the video games. ;)

How does Eeyore like them so far?

Gina said...

Sounds like you had a great week. I can't wait to see the model airplane when it is done. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...