Monday, November 12, 2007

Back in Action...

I have been missing for quite a while now and for my daily readers, I apologize :-) We have been back to school since last Tuesday for the most part...and I failed to update you...It will never happen again. Ok..it probably will so please don't hold it against me.

So far we are able to get our main core subjects done in the a.m. before noon ( Bible, Math, English, Spelling, and Handwriting)...I had to drop MFW temporarily because it just takes alot on my part and I am still trying to juggle everything with a newborn that has no schedule. But that is just icing and we'll get back to it next week. One thing we are doing differently is reading Proverbs together. We really are enjoying this and ds is learning valuable training from it. What we are doing is reading the chapter aloud as a family and then I pick a verse for copywork. So far so good. So after we get those core subjects out of the way, we have lunch, do chores, and then ds has to read for 30 minutes.
In the afternoon this week we will be reading from a few books that I picked up from the library just to peak his interest in American History since we are doing Geography this year.
We got quite a few D'Aulaire books:
Buffulo Bill
Columbus
Pocahontas
George Washington
Benjamin Franklin
Abraham Lincoln

We also got a few others:
Maker of Machines: Eli Whitney
The Buffalo Soldier
100 things you should know about the Wild West
The History and Activities of the Wagon Trail
Eyewitness Books: Wild West

We also got some DVDS:
Little House on the Prairie
The Way West

And some Various Thanksgiving books and DVDS.(Dontcha just love the library!)

I also plan on having him finish up his United States work from MFW so we can move onto Mexico next week or the week after next.

I really hope to redo our schedule this week but I am finding it diffucult to do with a newborn that's not on a schedule. So what I
am planning on doing is just penciling in everything for us..and then writing in a note of what baby is doing at that time...eventually I should see some kind of pattern. I am looking forward to any advice you all have on doing this.

2 comments:

Christy said...

WOOHOO!! Your back in action! I actually read this post the day you put it up, but did not have time to comment. I look forward to seeing what you are going to add to your blog!

Blessings,
christy

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're back, Amber. Missed you! We are using a few of the same books for history. That baby is too cute. I could just kiss those cheeks.
Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...