Somehow I have gotten my 7 yr old ds to do 20 pages of math a day! What you say..lol...HOW??? I tested him out of his Abeka math along time ago but then started feeling guilt that we may have missed something important. So, what we are doing is sitting on the couch, pulling out 20 pages of his workbook, and doing it all orally. We quickly go through anything that is review and work through the ones that are new concepts..which amazingly in about 20 pages there may be only 1 or 2?? Shows alot of busy work added if you ask me..lol. After we are done he has about 1 or 2 pages that I generate on themathworksheetsite.com for extra practice of the new concepts. So if we continue on this path he will be finished with math by June 8th or sooner. We are going to quickly go through his abeka phonics and language the same way, just making sure he mastered the concepts and move on from it. When I can finally say this is the last day of school I will be so happy to rid myslf of this burden of a curriculum and move onto a more hands on, lots of reading , yet 3r's still traditional kinda school for my house !
Will post in more detail what we will be using in the days to come...right now I should be getting ready for church!
3 comments:
Sweet. That's the way to do it. :) You are doing great!
Now that's a great idea. Wish I'd thought of it last year. Have a blessed Memorial Day. Don't eat too much Q!
You ARE my hero!! We sludged through Rod&Staff math. I love it 8yodd DOES NOT!! Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment