Saturday, October 8, 2011

Weekly review 10/3-10/7


 This week Big A.....

.......Started reading Big John's Secret by Eleanore M. Jewitt. (Bethlehem books) and said "It's borringggg, Mom".  I think he'll like it once he gets more into it :)


........watched a slide show showing classical greek, romanesque, roman, and gothic churches on his World Studies DVD and then drew the steps to build a Cathedral.


.....He also wrote typed a 2 paragraph summary on the steps of forming of a guild in the Middle Ages and why it was important to the towns economy. (yes!) He says he never really liked history, but really likes it now!

...got an A on on his vocabulary test in Literature this week. The only word that was difficult and missed was "formidable" *hehe*  (formidable describes a difficult task for those of you who may not know ;p) Ironic, eh?

..........Made a book jacket as a project in grammar 



.......mastered EXPONENTS in Math.....(this is a big deal!)

(I figured out a way to keep him from losing his place in the sequence..woot!)

.....Did several lessons in his Life Science book and is starting a classification project/scrapbook.

.....had a great week in Bible. He read several verses regarding different men in the bible and how they demonstrated meekness.....this was a GREAT activity!

Middle A

......learned the star word "some" and did a couple lessons in her CLE Learn to Read book

......did several lessons in BJU Math. She is reviewing writing her numbers and is up to number 14 :)

......didnt want to sit still for any of her read alouds this week....so we'll continue with LHFHG next week. ;)

......drew every single day. Its just what she does. She is a very visual spacial learner and draws whatever is on her mind. Literally....I have stacks of things here....sigh....lol

.......helped me bake bread and fold laundry "cause its fun, mom!" (thank you Lord for such an eager helper!)



I started recording on Monday what we did so this post would be more in depth of what we did..haha....that didnt last very long! I really try to be descriptive in what we do, but most days I am literally going from one child or thing to the next and its just HARD to remember to write those things down! I am getting better though, because I like having this record of our years! Hey, this is the second week in review I have done consecutively ;) Go me!

until next week........



3 comments:

Mama Bear said...

LOVE the Cathedral--that's fantastic! :) Here's hoping Middle A doesn't outgrow that love of folding laundry like my olders did! :P (If she keeps it up, can I borrow her?) :)

Daisy said...

I think you did a great job. I love his cathedrals. Lydia loved comparing the different architectural styles of the Middle Ages. I finally bought her The Annotated Arch so she could read more.

Big John's Secrete was one of Lydia's favorite books last year so it MUST get better.

Great job, kiddos!

michelle said...

Great week and awesome drawings by Big A!
Annabelle just thinks it is so neat that her penpal does the same reading as her. ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...