I have been craving Pumpkin Muffins, but since I am not eating grains or sugar they were a big no-no. I haev been wanting to try and make them with coconut flour, but the other recipes I have tried ended up being dry. Anyways, I am happy to have found a good recipe, but tweaked it a bit to use what I had on hand.
(adapted from Tropical Traditions)
Servings: 12 muffins
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 heaping teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup xylitol, plus 2 packets truvia (erythritol w/stevia)
- pinch salt
Preheat oven to 400F. Grease a muffin pan or line with paper liners.
Whip all the wet ingredients together, and then add everything else. Put into muffin tins and bake for approx 12-15 mins (mine are more moist when done, so I let them cool really well before frosting because they were pretty crumbly while hot.
To make a cream cheese icing, I just stirred about 4 oz cream cheese, 1 tsp vanilla, and 1 packet of truvia together really well. Then frosted.
These were really good! Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment