Friday, April 8, 2011

Weekly Review 4/4-4/8

We've been really busy this week, but I have no pictures to show for our efforts.  The week began with taking Baby A about 80 miles away to see a Pediatric Rheumatologist for the first time. She had to get more blood drawn and more xrays. It was really rough...for her and for me. I can't stand watching my child be in pain. It was scary also because the ped rheumy mentioned testing her for leukemia. Um, yeah...talk about freaking out. When she started talking about Oncology referrals I zoned out. I went into a deep praying mode that I had never experienced before. I heard the Dr, and was giving her eye contact, but my spirit was calling out the only one who could help me stay strong and focused. I don't know how people who don't walk with the Lord do it. I would have seriously had a break down...mentally and physically just at the thought of it....but here, some Dr was telling me she seen certain signs that cause her to want to do the testing. God help her. God help me. God help me, help her was all I could think of. I still think of that on a daily basis, because even though her pediatrician has since then told me that she doesnt see anything in her testing indicative of Leukemia, the fact is that the child is still in pain.  I will say though, that she is doing much better now than she was 2 weeks ago. She is also expressing herself  verbally ALOT! I am amazed at the amount of words she is learning...on an almost daily basis. I can't help but think it was a neccesary skill for her to learn to be able communicate with me the things that she is going through. Whatever it is, she is speaking alot more this last week or two, and is making herself KNOWN!  Here's a video I took of her last week, just random one night before bathtime :) Just a little note before you watch: She says "night night" to nurse, so at the end she starts trying to get that camera out of the way so she can go "night night" :D





As for the other children here, they got alot of school work done, at least alot of the 3r's done. Middle A has really been enjoying school and asking to do her ETC workbook and Horizons Math. We have been doing other random things that I will keep better track of next week with more pictures, hopefully :)

Big A has been moving right along in Saxon Math and R&S English. He did several lessons and is retaining so much this year with R&S. I am also loving our interest led approach with science this last few months. We had to put the abeka down and just go with the flow, but with a science loving child I didn't have to worry about him finding an interest and learning more about it. He has always been into learning more about the weather, and thankfully we have had our fair share of odd weather here lately!

Little A has been tagging along with his sister when he feels like it. He really loves watching the Leap Frog DVD's but just recently I found quite a few of them on Netflix instant watch. Sooo awesome for those days that I need him to stay busy! He is picking up things very naturally...knows his shapes, colors, numbers and letters just from daily living, which is awesome. I am amazed at the variety of learning styles we have going on here in our homeschool. It makes this Mama crazy sometimes, but is building some patience in me like never before! :)

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, what a little sweetheart, and talking up a storm, just in time for her to communicate important things to you (he he, like night night :D).

Wishing you the best days ever, even in light of the stress of late. Love you my friend!

Christy said...

So cute Amber! Was she trying to nurse at the end? You said night night, and she must know what comes before that! LOL

Blessings,
Christy

Naturally Frugal Mom said...

She was trying to nurse Christy!!! Lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...