So our baby chicks are 3 weeks old already and turning from cute baby chicks to awkward looking mini chickens. I changed from the paper towel method to a fresher smelling, pine litter. I have had to hang their water and food because they were doing this funny chicken stretch thing and flinging the pine into their food and water. Having to change out their food and water several times a day is kinda annoying, but was necessary at the time. LOL
For now, they live in our "school/dining room" by the garage door, next week or week after they will be in the garage in a bigger brooder till they get all their feathers and outside they go!! (those who know me know it is a miracle these babies are even in my house, let alone in my dining room LOL)
2 comments:
I LOVE your blogs new look! I meant to post when you changed it (I may have even commented, and don't remember) but as I was visiting today, I realized, i really really LoVE it!
I think that looks like so much fun, and what a wonderful science lesson for your kids. I 'll bet they will ALWAYS remember those chicks!
Post a Comment