Friday, September 17, 2010

Weekly Review 9/13-9/17

This is gonna be mostly just a check in type of post since I didnt any pictures this week. We have had the sickies hanging around here so not much school has gotten done with the Littles.

Big A this week:

~Mastered mixed numbers and long division. Got an A on his Math PACE test!

~Is finally starting to retain what he is learning about the 8 parts of speech. He even knows what words like Commodious and Pate are and what they mean. ( was needing to find their synonyms)

~Is learning that there is no easy way to by pass looking up words in the dictionary....(not letting him use the computer for it yet)

~Read 3 lessons in Mystery Of History Vol 2 about Paul, Christian Martyrs, and Josephus, did his first notebooking page of the year without complaining (this was last weeks that he finished this week ;)  and said that he really likes having a family history time. (we are reading aloud the book...sometimes at night, sometimes during the day, but all are joining in)




Next week we will be adding in Bible/Character Study and Science. I will also try and make a point to really be mindful about taking pics.  Once we get school started things are nonstop and I just forget to take them. I might just assign Big A as picture taker and that will take care of that :)

Middle A was sick most of this week so school for her was very light. We did some of her PACE work at the beginning of the week, but the rest of it was spent drawing, writing her letters, reading aloud Winnie the Pooh and listening to her brothers history lessons.  We are using these dry erase pockets for her PACE work, so that I can save money for the littles who will be in K in the next couple of years. Thanks to Daisy for posting about these on her blog! The only issue I am coming across in using them is that I didnt get enough colors for the dry erase markers LOL!

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

michelle said...

Looking good! Congrats to Big A on the test score and notebooking pages!

Where can I buy those dry erase pockets? Are they available at a store or just online?

Michelle

Naturally Frugal Mom said...

Michelle, I bought mine from Lakeshore Learning, but Amazon sells a bigger pack of them. Daphyne also said she bought hers from her local teachers supply so maybe check to see if yours has them!

HTH!

Daisy said...

Hooray! I'm so glad you are doing a weekly update. I love Big A's notebooking page. It looks awesome. And I ♥ those dry erase pockets.

Great week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...