Friday, October 9, 2009

Weekly Review Oct 8th

We had a pretty busy week..whew! My brother was down from RI and we got together with him a couple of days on top of our weekly PE class and other things that needed to be done. We still managed to get through Unit 7 of Creation To Christ and it was a lot of fun. I'm gonna give you a quick run down of a few "highlights"this week and get back to making my list for tomorrow's bulk cooking session! I'll post more about that in the morning and I am also adding my list of things to cook/bake on my sidebar for those who would like to track my insanity progress until baby is born or before.
CTC : Big A's week....

History Notebooking page...just realized that this pic is awful...but you get the idea.


Homemade air dry clay "gems" that have NOT been painted yet...will be done soon though ;)


His painting for poetry...starting to get used to using a brush and water colors :)




Funny Science Experiment where Big A had to pick up chocolate chips with JUST his tongue! It was hilarious to watch. He also had to time himself and see how many times he could stick out his tongue in a minute...equally as funny!


And here he had to use yarn dipped in honey to resemble an Anteaters tongue (which is over 2ft long btw!) to pick up the chocolate chips (not much success here..think I needed some thicker yarn?)

He is plugging along in all his other subjects and we are still enjoying our school year. I will be grateful when we drop our PE class next month though..we are taking a 2-3 month break from it which means our "regular" day 5 will be on Thurs.

Here are a couple of pics of the littler ones this week....As you can see from little A's expression..he was NOT going to cooperate this week..lol. We decided to just drop anything formal and do some phonics (with Middle A) and fun stuff :)


Apparently diaper wipes containers make nice hats.


And this is after a long day of fighting over who's Elmo is whos and who had the Magna Doodle first! So sweet aren't they ;) I think I may need to keep preschool with Middle A just with Middle A...we'll see how next week goes first ;)



Will see you all tomorrow during my first bulk cooking session for my after-the-baby freezer stash!! I am 31 weeks pregnant today and plan on having a session a week for the next 5-6 weeks to fill my freezer with meals for that time after the baby when I will need to just sleep! LOL

3 comments:

Butterfly said...

Looks like you had a great week! Ooohhh, and I would like my own Elmo chair too! LOL! :0)

Daisy said...

Now look at that! You are a day ahead of me now. I'm hoping to finish Unit 7.4 and do all of 8 next week. We'll see.

I'm looking forward to the anteater experiment. Maybe I'll try raisins as they should be lighter than chocolate chips. Oooh, or maybe cheerios.

Lydia still has to finish her poetry painting also. We'll try this weekend.

Your kids are too cute.

Gina said...

I love the chocolate chip experiment. Yum!! I'm glad you had a great week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...