
This weekend I spent some time looking at some baby necessities that I would really like to sew (or attempt, since you know I am NO professional). I am hoping to get most of these things done by the end of Sept but I am not gonna push it ;p Most of these I want to make are going to be fairly inexpensive using soft flannel and whatever I can find in our drawers like old t-shirts etc...but some I may end up purchasing depending on how well I remember how to use my machine and if I can figure out some of the patterns and tutorials before impatiently giving up :D
Here are some links and tutorials I came across that I thought I would share.
This site has NUMEROUS links that I am going to be reading through soon:
http://simplyserina.wordpress.com/links/#diaper%20patterns%20free
Hooter Hider (NURSING COVER):
** http://littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com/2008/07/how-to-make-nursing-cover.html
**http://www.blisstree.com/breastfeeding123/free-pattern-to-sew-your-own-nursing-cover/
**http://secretstitchclub.blogspot.com/2008/08/saavy-moms-breastfeeding-coverup-free.html
**http://madebythemamamonster.blogspot.com/2008/04/nursing-cover-tutorial.html
Cloth Nursing pads:
**http://frugal.families.com/blog/make-your-own-nursing-pads
**http://www.passionatehomemaking.com/2009/04/homemade-nursing-pads.html
**http://www.pamperedcheeks.com/nursing_pads_pattern.htm
Cloth diapers and cloth wipes: (I'll use these AFTER the first month or so..):
**http://www.thediaperhyena.com/reap.htm#FREE
**http://www.diaperjungle.com/sewing-cloth-diapers.html
**http://www.diapersewing.com/
I am also wanting to start potty training Little A soon and cloth trainers would be a MUCH better thing than pull-ups, but that will wait, I think, until I see that he is really ready. There are also many other things I will be trying to sew, but most of those are for Christmas this year and I'll share those later..AFTER I finish ONE project at a TIME!
If you have any different but awesome links to the items above (or any other links to do-it-yourself baby/mama items) please share!
1 comment:
I just bought two new patterns this weekend. One for aprons, and the other for cloth tote bags. I probably won't get to them until next year at the rate I'm going, but I'm still pretty excited about them.
Post a Comment