I LOVE making homemade bread and have been doing it for quite a while now. I have yet to make sourdough bread though, so I've decided to try out the sourdough starter that can be
found here on this site in the left sidebar under recipes. It seems easy enough and hopefully I can get past any smells coming from the starter. If so, we are in business and by next Saturday I should be baking some sourdough bread :) I am a little concerned though, because I am using water that is purified (from my brita pitcher) and it is not spring water like the recipe is called for....so if my started fails, I know why ;)
So here it is:
DAY ONE
I did make sure to use a clean plastic container (although I would prefer glass) and a wooden spoon for this as you can see.......the water still makes me a little nervous...but trial and error...right? Seems like most of those "bottle spring waters" are from the tap anyways...lol.
I am also going to try my hand at making buttermilk using a little that I have left over in my fridge...I'll let you know how that turns out soon :)
1 comment:
Yumm...sounds good.
Post a Comment