Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New Blog Name?

My hubby and I were having a conversation the other day about changing our school name to something other than using our name. Reading up on prophecy is my hubby's thing, and as a matter of fact he is doing a study of Revelation with our son...who just so happens to be enjoying it as well. I asked him about naming it Maranatha and he just lit up as if I had made his day! LOL So I asked Daisy what she thought of some of the names we came up with and she suggested preparatory to go along with it. It went so perfectly with Maranatha and now our school name is basically summing up our purpose as homeschooling parents: Preparing our children for our Lord's return. Making sure they know Him and are in turn making Him known to the world. Sure, I am concerned with making sure they can read and write and speak, but what good is all of that in the long run if they are eternally lost and misguided by the false gods of this world? I want them to be bold in Christ and proclaim His goodness and know that He will return one day soon as He said in His Word:

Revelation 22:20 He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.”
Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!


Also, I am not too organized lately or have had much to say, so I needed to make sure I was not mis-leading anyone..lol...hence got rid of Organized Rambler ;)

What do you think of our new school name? Leave me a comment and let me know ;)

5 comments:

Gina said...

I love it and the meaning behind it. :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it! I have been thinking of a name change also but it's so hard because we have had Love's School for so long. Our real school name is our last name + Christian Academy. I guess I just want our blog to sound more schoolish. LOL Anyway, I love yours!

Daisy said...

LOL. Well, you know *I* like it. ;-) Love the header. Everything looks so simple and inviting. Oh no, I'm getting the blogger bug again.

redkitchen said...

I like the name, too! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm organizationally challenged, so your original blog name is what attracted me to your blog. I was looking for some organizational tips...Nice to know I'm not the only disorganized one in the blogosphere. LOL!! Great new name!
Stacy :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...