Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Our Family Circle Time Board


This board idea was a great one!
I decided to not divide the board with anything because It's smaller than the one used here and I didn't want to make any of the components in smaller font...it would defeat the purpose :)
I added our Composer study, which is Beethoven (picked by the baby after he started moving his feet when we listened to him on starfall.com). We will listen to his pieces while in the car or while we are doing art. I've even thought about having "Quiet Time" in place and having it in the background while we are resting/napping.
Next we have our Hymn of the Month. This month's hymn is my Husband's favorite Holy, Holy, Holy .
I also decided to post our Character/Habit Training goal for the month on there. It will help me to remember to discuss this with them and we can change up our circle time by playing games or read books in regards to our specific habit. Now if the habit isn't a habit after a month, I will keep the same one up until I feel we don't need to reminder. I also posted a Scripture above the current Character Trait/Habit that coincides. The scripture will change weekly but will still be on the same topic.

If you notice, I don't have anything for my little preschooler on there. That's because I am going to turn the back of the board into a felt board! As soon as I can find a piece of felt to cover the whole thing..peices won't work.

So what do you think? Are you doing one? What are you adding to yours? I thank the person who came up with this concept! I am not creative at all and this really gave me some organization that was much needed for these subjects.

6 comments:

Daisy said...

I love it! I like the idea of adding a character trait to the board. I'm going to see if I can incorporate that also. I'm using Laying Down Rails and it's a great book for character/habit ideas.

Gina said...

I think it turned out great!! I like the idea of turning the back into a felt board, very creative. :)

Anonymous said...

I love it! I like that you are adding your habits to it too. I can't wait to do ours. We are still at my Dad's since we prolonged our visit during his hospitalization. Yours look really great! :)

Cordy Lain said...

Your board looks so nice!! Trina always listened to classical music while doing handwriting when she was younger. Someone had told me it can inspire them to view handwriting as artwork and they take more care to be neat. It's stuck with her and today she listens to classical musical frequently - just because she likes it. :-)

Anonymous said...

That is a really neat idea..

Thanks for sharing..

Becky

Christy said...

I haven't seen this idea before, but I like it! Great job mama!

Blessings,
Christy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...