He finished his Rod and Staff Bible Reader and has moved onto reading "The Story Of Davey Crockett" (pub in 1952) and narrating it back to me (telling me the story in his own words). He is doing well with naration and we will comtinue with it over the summer with his summer reading. I LOVE our library..I picked up that book (among others) for only .25 cents!
Science:
We have been doing a tomato seed project from Tomatosphere for science this week. He is responsible for the graphing/charting and watering of the seeds. I am happy to report that we have had some germinated! Here what they look like, although the pics aren't showing them at a great angle :-( They are about 3-4 inches tall!
The tomato seeds are on both the far right and left sides and in the middle we are growing watermelon (the biggest ones so far!), eggplant (this hasn't germinated yet), Dill, and bell peppers. This has been a great way to show how wonderful and yet so delicate God's creation is :-)
History:
Ds has been just reading though his BJU textbook about the Explorers and Early America..I have him do vocabulary and some of the comprehension questions. This was an add in after ECC didn't work for us and so far he doesn't mind just reading through it. It's also been a nice overview of American History before we start in with Ancients next year
Nature Walk:
Today we went to a real working dairy as a field trip and who woulda known it was goign to turn into a nature walk? We sighted an oil that is on the endangered species list! It is called the Burrowing Owl. I really loved reading up on these owls after finding out they are monogamous! HEHE....
Here's a couple of pics that I was able to catch..they aren't that great but if you look close you'll see it :-)
And here's a pic of it's burrow:
Like I said we went to the Dairy and the kids were able to feed the baby calves, learn about how the cows and milked, processed and packaged, and they also had a petting zoo with goats, chickens, peacocks, and rabbits (among other things too long to list..lol)
Here are a few pics of our day: (it was chilly out!) This is a pic of Eeyore, His friend "Sky" and Tigger :-)
I think this peacock was trying to impress the females cuz he kept shaking a tail feather ;-P
Notice how "snug" my lil piglet was? It was pretty cold this a.m.
Eeyore really enjoyed feeding the calves :)
So did Tigger :-)
Isn't she just absolutely a doll....(gushy mom moment)
Hope you all had a blessed week as well!
5 comments:
Looks like you guys had a blast! My kids would love going to a working farm. Yes....Tigger is just precious. :)
What a fun week you have had! Love the pics of your kids, they are so adorable. The little guy has gotten so big! They grow up fast don't they?
I love all the pictures! You are looking great. Man, I've got to put the pancakes down.
Sounds like you are having a wonderful time with your garden. I'm kinda jealous about the Davy Crockett book. I'm going to have to hit my library today.
Looks like you guys had a great time! Eeyore is so tall! Tigger is tow tute as Hip Rider would say. LOL! She would call her a baby even though she's a baby herself. Ha! And you look great! I need to know the secret. ; )
Oh, Happy Mother's Day!
That looks like so much fun. We have a working farm here that sells milk. The kids love to feed the calves and I got to milk a cow for the first time. So much fun!
Post a Comment