Monday, March 31, 2008

Spring Cleaning and other ramblings


As you can see I started my reorganization on my blog and for the month of April I will be spring cleaning my house. It needs to be cleaned from top to bottom. I will be weeding out things that need to be donateded it and thrown away and re painting rooms that need it. I wasn't able to do this last year (due to morning sickness) so my house really needs it and I am looking forward to having a deep cleaned house for summer!

I also hope to start making some of my natural products this week...I am going to make some citrus calendula soap and some lotions. I am also going to attempt lip balm and deodarant..we'll see how those go :-)

I am also in the middle of a book study and plan on using any free time I have reading. I want to finish this book sooner than later...I need to read this before I start any official school planning for next year. The book is called "A Charlotte Mason Companion" By Karen Andreola. So far there is a wealth of info about the CM method to Homeschooling and I plan to implement as many of her ideas as possible. We are, however, going to start some read alouds this week, as well as nature walks and some music/art appreciation..nothing formal, just hopefully a natural progression into our daily lives. I am also going to pick an area of habit training to work on over the next several weeks. I think I will work on these with the kids as I need some habit training myself ;-P

Have an awesome spring day!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Daisy said...

I need to do a deep cleaning also. I'm going to try and tackle it when we get back from our trip. I did take a trunk full of stuff down to Salvation Army over the weekend. It felt great. Just wish I could off load MORE.

Anonymous said...

I love the new look, Amber. So clean, so crisp, so fresh. LoL! Seriously, I can see things so much better. I'm glad you ditched our old effort. LOL. We gave it a try though. It was cute but a trial and error work. We began some cleaning this week. I am going to tackle my dh's desk today. Pray for me. :)

Christy said...

Hi Amber! I would so love to start spring cleaning. Not while pregnant though. LOL It will have to wait! It does not have a choice :-)

It sounds like you will be super busy making all those natural products.

Blessings,
Christy

Gina said...

You go girl!!! You inspired me to deep clean & organize my own house. Check out my blog!

Gina

Christy said...

Hey Amber, Just checking on ya ;-) Hope all is going well.

Blessings,
Christy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...