We weren't supposed to buy each other anything this year because we couldn't do it financially...well my hubby decided to get me this! I have been wanting a sewing machine for a long time :-) What an awesome guy I have! I also got a GPS navigation system for my mini-van from a very generous family member..and we know who will be using that more than me..lol..so I don't feel as bad for not getting hubby anything. He also received an awesome tool set.
So far we have had a wonderful day. Daddy read the story of Jesus' birth in the Bible before the kids opened their gifts..My Dad, step Mom and lil brother came over. I made a huge breakfast and we all exchanged gifts. Here's a picture of them with our new baby boy...
And here's one of the baby..It's his first CHRISTmas!!
And a couple of the kids opening their gifts :-)
I am writing this as I am waiting for the rib roast to cook in the oven. We are having that, homemade mac n cheese, roasted red potatoes, collard greens from our garden, and homemade sour dough bread. My StepMom made us a couple of pumpkin cheesecakes and we have decorated sugar cookies that we baked last night.
Although this year has been very different in terms of relationships (or lack of with some family) and financially, we have been blessed. I thank GOD everyday for sending his SON to be born..only to die for us. Even if I had all of the money in the world..I could never match that. None of us can. We all fall short. We all sin. But the best gift of all is knowing that Jesus loves us. No matter who in your life won't forgive you..Jesus does. I take comfort in knowing that..and that is all I need.
Dear Jesus,
The first time you opened your eyes..did you realize that you would be my Savior? And the first breath that left your lips..did you know that this would change this world forever?
Thank you for calling me..for saving me. Amen
2 comments:
Hmm, I posted a comment on here a LOOOONG time ago but it never showed up. FYI. Hey, I'm jealous of the sewing machine. That's a great Christmas present.
Beautiful pics! Oh, those dimples are too much! He looks just like your oldest. My son sent him an email also. I have been wanting a sewing machine. How blessed you are!
Post a Comment