Saturday, October 6, 2007

OAMC mini session and other "nesting" going ons..

I have been flying around my house the last couple of days "nesting" or whatever you'd like to call it. I got a sudden burst of energy yesterday and cleaned my entire house. I am usually struggling to just stand at my sink and do dishes without my back killing me...but yesterday was different. I did pray and asked for the strength and endurance to get the things done that needed to be done...and HE answered. So for that I am grateful!

For today I have a few more things on my list that need to be done so I can feel content. I would really like to resume doing more school next week...or at least until I go into labor. We have been just doing the basics..and when the kids were sick this week...we didnt do anything but read.

I am hoping to have a mini OAMC session today...and this is what i am planning to make:

3 lbs of taco meat
a huge crockpot of Chili ( I have a 6qt..so I am going to fill it up) for 3 Chili and cornbread dinners, chili cheese baked potatoes, and whatever's leftover for chili fries :-)

Doesn't sound like much but I already have chicken meals in the freezer along with sloppy joes and a few other things that I had double the recipes on.

My goal is to have a week or two worth of dinners premade for whenever the baby gets here...AND to use up what we have without going to the grocery store this month..except for the usual milk, bread, diapers , etc.

I hope to meet my goal of spending only $200 this month on food...
I'll do another post on that later :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you not had that baby yet, girl? Do I need to come and "walk" that baby out of you? Ha! I know how you feel. I was there last fall. Keep us posted and be sure to post some pics. Be blessed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...