Friday, August 10, 2007

Preschool Lesson planning has begun.

So If you are interested here's what I am going to be doing with my dd, who is just shy of being 2.5 yrs old. Before I get told that my dd is too young for "preschool" we are technically not "doing" preschool but are doing our version of it...afterall....its our homeschool right..lol....and I want to make sure that with a new baby coming into the house in Oct, my baby girl gets all of the attention she needs and deserves.

So this is what i have planned so far:
Little Hands to heaven which I will be alternating every other day, so about 2 to 3 times a week depending on what our week looks like as far as field trips, park days,etc. This curriculum is a very sweet, gentle, but yet effective in teaching letters, bible verses and songs, motor skills, numbers,and art and creative play ..all in one. My dd already knows her numbers visually and can say them up to 12 or 15? She recongnizes letters and can sing her ABC's quite well. So I think she's gonna do great with this :-)
It's only going to take about 30 minutes each day, maybe a little longer if there's an art activity....but this is *her* time with Mom..and I think that thats going to be more important to her in the long run...she has plenty of time to learn her ABC's right :-) I am just a typical Type "A" person..and if it ain't scheduled..then I am scrambling trying to find the time with each one.

I also have planned some simple activities that are based solely on her exact age
...Slow and Steady, Get Me Ready This book has weekly activities to do with your newborn on up to your five year old. My ds was in preschool from the ages of 3-5 so I really dont have a clue as to what motor skills etc that they need to master and how to accomplish that...so this book is going to really help me. We will be doing the activites once or twice a week...again...depending on our schedule for that particular week.

I am also planning on reading to her for 30 minutes a day (her age appropriate books) and of couse she'll listen in on ouir read a louds for school.

Add in some play in the pool, on the swingset, in the trampoline, in the sandbox,
and just running around and I think I will be able to keep her taking naps during the day...right?

If you are looking for what a preschooler should know..or the "standards" try here at World Book's site. It's a great reference for those of us who really don't have a clue as to what our kids should be learning or at what "grade" level.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are really organized! I am barely getting it together and we start on August 20th! Thankfully I did some research last school year!

Your babygirl is just going to LOVE what you are doing with her! She will feel like such a big girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...