Monday, July 16, 2007

Busy week....

I probably won't be blogging this week much...It's VBS week! DS is so excited to be going and he's taking his little cousin along (the one I babysit)..and I'm just getting over a cold..so I have alot of cleaning to catch up on!

Yesterday was a strange day for me. Hubby had to work until 2 am on Sat night (from about 6 in the am..so yeah a 20 hour day) and then on Sun morning he had to help his Dad at 6 am...yeah..he never sleeps :-(. Anyways, i was debating on whether or not me and the kids were going to go to church (it's really tough to keep dd happy by myself during the service). I kept feeling this sense of urgency...like I HAD to go to church. So we did. I was very pleasantly surprised when 2 friends of ours showed up after not seeing them since Feb...they were actually pretty good friends..they were in our wedding..lol. So that was a blessing to see them again. Then my cousin (the one that just got saved) came for the second week in a row (PTL!) and she's got another one of our friends and her kids with her ( I never thought that she would even step foot in a church)! We had a great guest speaker and the sermon was awesome....So next time I feel like NOT going to church I am going to make sure that I ignore that feeling at GO! You never know who's counting on you to be there as a constant reminder that you are a witness to those around you.

3 comments:

Mia said...

That is definitely a "God Thing" More times than I can count I have gone to church not wanting to and only with an urge of the Holy Spirit and WOW I have gotten my socks blessed off!! And even later on heard that "I" blessed someone. Take a bloggin' break girl..we all need to sometimes!! : )

*Tanyetta* said...

Take a break! We'll still be here!

I noticed there was a VBS going on down the street from my house. By the time we got there they were already in progress so, I chickened out and just played on the swings. Looked like fun!

Christy said...

My kids just finished a week long of VBS last week. They had a blast! Praying for you to have strength, energy, and joy this week, and for your dh to get a good amount of rest.

Blessings,
Christy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...