Thursday, June 21, 2007

Last park day of the year!

Let me just start off by saying how blessed I always feel when I am with my homeschool group. I really feel the friendships that have either been existing or are just starting as such a great thing for me as a new homeschooler. I have always been one to have long lasting friendships and I really like to embrace every friend that I have made. I tend to have a strong personality but when you are with people that get *you* it's really nice :-) I also enjoy just being with like minded women who are here to serve the Lord and their families and just be proud of it!

So what we did at the park day was awesome, alot of work, but nevertheless, awesome! The kids had a water balloon catapulting contest, water gun spraying good ole time. To top it off they had rootbeer floats and cupcakes :-D The little ones had a small pool to play in....all while I got to bask in the shade....what a great day. I always enjoy the conversations I have with the other Moms and really feel blessed each time we meet. I pray that the Lord keeps this a strong, growing, and close knit group.

So with that being said...I just wanted to say thank you to those of you (you know who you are) who have shown me the true "homeschooler" in you..lol..and thank you for supporting me this year and for keeping me going..even when I felt like I was failing :-)

OK...that didn't sound like an acceptance speech for some award show did it?? ROFLOL...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, yeah it was a fun day, despite the uncooperative catapult! It was a nice day, but really hot out in the sun. I was wiped out after the games, and it was really nice just to sit and talk with the ladies afterward.

I am also so blessed by the ladies in the group. It will be so nice when the group is working like a well-oiled machine, with everyone's ideas being realized and worked out in our park days. I am so looking forward to next year, it's going to be great. :) I will agree with you in prayer for the growth and strength of the group. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. Being with the moms in my group is the only time I feel like I actually "click" with someone. What a blessing to find supportive friends. Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...