Monday, May 14, 2007
Finishing out our first year
As we are coming to a close this year, our first year homeschooling, we have grown as a family and grown in the Lord more than I ever could have imagined. It has been a year since we first became Christians and we have been blessed. Blessed by the constant change that is always present in our lives. When I first started homeschooling back in Sept of 2006 I was extremely traditional and very structured. I didn't know what my child's learning style was or even how to find out. I have been very blessed to have the advice and support of many veteran homeschoolers on and offline that have shown me the realities of homeschooling. One of the most important lessons I have learned this year is to always do what works. If you are using something that is not working for your child..find something that does. And WHEN you find something that works...keep using it. The grass is not always greener even at Barnes and Noble or Rainbow Resource..lol. It's alot of fun to research the many different curricula out there..but the real fun comes when your children are actually learning something while they are enjoying it. I have researched our new books for next year for quite a while and am content with what we will be using. Content because I know it is biblically sound, academically sound, and FUN! My soon to be 3rd grade son can't wait to get started..and we aren't finished with this year's stuff yet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
WOW! so many blessings going on for you all at the same time! Enjoy your children...I'm sure you do. They are the best thing to ever drive you crazy!!
You are doing so well! I'm proud of all of your progress in just one short year. You are such a good mommy! :)
Post a Comment